- Client: A party dealing directly with softwarestudio for any kind of work is referred to as client. This also includes companies acting on behalf of their clients.
- Contract: Approval of all work, including domain searching, telephone support and approval of work through project sites shall be deemed a contractual agreement between Softwarestudio and the client. Important: Client accepts the terms and conditions outlined in this document if either initial payment has been made or work has been committed to in any form including, email and initial meeting minutes on project sites.
- Third Party Charges: All third party costs arising from any mutual contract with client to complete work are being met by client. Softwarestudio recommends that clients register their own domain names so that they have full ownership of these but where we have registered a domain name on the client’s behalf, with clients approval, we will transfer all domain information to client at the end of project. Similarly any hosting information we obtain during website design or application development will be handed over to client with full access. Any special vouchers applied to your domain or hosting account to get you a discount on domain or hosting are property of Softwarestudio.co.uk. You can use them to buy further products after approval. Any third party costs incurred by Softwarestudio , if not paid by client, can be returned or cease to work at any time. Any hosting or domain not paid within 15 days can be removed or cancelled by Softwarestudio without notice.
- Clients Responsibilities with Regard to Copyright: In situations where the client provides images, text, animations or any other content for their website they are legally responsible for ensuring that this material does not infringe any copyright. Certain images provided by Softwarestudio.co.uk in the construction of the website may have been purchased under licence from stock image suppliers. These images are generally only licensed for use on a single website and may not be used in publicity material. The website owner is legally responsible for ensuring that this does not happen. If you wish to use any images from the site for other purposes please contact us (firstname.lastname@example.org) for clarification.
- Quotations: The price quoted to the client is for the work agreed on the quotation only. We do promise to beat any genuine written quote from European web design agencies by more than 10% however this do not include special offers given by our affiliated design and development companies. The quote given to client always contains a detailed document with complete requirement on which the quote is based. If there is any need of further work, as evaluated by Softwarestudio then, client may have to pay extra charges for such work. Softwarestudio also has right to reduce or enhance functionality of items written within quote if client has been given a price range rather than actual price figure.
- Search Engine Promotion: Softwarestudio provides search engine optimisations services as a separate contract than web design or development. Its clients responsibility to promote their website on search engines however all our designs and developed websites include search engine friendly code. We design and develop websites keeping search engine optimization in mind however due to nature of content it is different for every website.
- Mock ups and Conceptualising:The process of producing website concepts or mockups is sometimes referred to as conceptualising. Mock ups can include graphics and design proposals with actual/random colours. For website design these are part of the package for high cost sites (above £800). For websites with less cost these are not produced unless agreed in contract or paid for in advance. If you require to view a mock-up then your preferred colour scheme, fonts and design requirements must be with us within initial stage of your project. If we do not have this information an appropriate design will still be produced and if its not to your taste, it might not be possible to change all of it and redo it without extra charges. Another website or a website template that you like can be shown as an example of what you require from us before we start working on it.
- Content: Web content specifically text and images are not provided as part of the package, we can write articles for your at an additional cost or include article writing in contract for an additional cost. It is client’s responsibility to provide Softwarestudio with content that they want to place on website. To carry out all tasks on scheduled time we must get content on time. To ensure your deadlines are being met you must cooperate and provide us content at right time. We recommend you provide us all information in advance. If we have to wait for your content at any stage, we reserve the right to apply a surcharge of up to 25%. This may lead to delay in your project deadline. If you are unsure please speak to us beforehand to avoid this.
- Failure to provide content:In case you fail to provide us content within 1 month of work start date, Softwarestudio reserves the right to close/lock the project and remaining balance agreed on project contract becomes payable immediately. Text should be delivered in non-protected format and images should be sent in an editable format and none of them should be in read only form. Any password protection or limitation of access may cause delay in your project.
- Cancellation: Should the client wish to cancel at any point during the process they shall remain liable for the work that has taken place and shall be invoiced accordingly.
- Advance Payment: An advance of 50% of the total cost of the project is required before work can commence. After work commences this is non-refundable.
- Payment terms: Payment is currently accepted by cheque or BACS in UK Pounds Sterling, unless otherwise agreed. If your cheque is returned by the bank as unpaid for any reason, you will be liable for a “returned cheque” charge of £35.
- Payment: Payment of any balance will be due within 15 days of final invoice date. Full publication of the Web Pages may take place only after full payment has been received. Any material previously published may be removed if payment is not received. When this occurs a minimum charge of £50 will be required to have the site restored.
- Late Payment: Accounts that have not been settled within 7 days of our final reminder will incur a late payment charge of 10% of the amount outstanding. You will also be charged statutory interest of 8% above the reference rate (fixed for the six month period within which date the invoices became overdue) pursuant to the late payment legislation.
- Future Support: Client accepts the sight fully functional and completed work. There is a testing period of 1 week for each of our project. If you are unhappy with anything you need to report it within 7 days. Any incomplete work, missing code/files or updates missing on behalf of Softwarestudio will be completed for free. Any additional functionality will incur extra charge or maybe made part of the project with extended dead line. Softwarestudio.co.uk is not responsible for future support by usual agreement. We provide support upon request and for an agreed fee. No guarantee of future support is given unless an ongoing support package is negotiated.
- Future Site Problems: Unfortunately malicious software, website hacking, spyware, security issues and viruses are part of today’s Internet presence. It is highly unlikely that these will affect your website, and Softwarestudio.co.uk will make sure you are protected from this as much as we can. We cannot be held responsible for problems that develop on completed sites as a result of illegal activity. Anything uploaded on clients hosting space prior to its access by Softwarestudio and after our process has completed, is clients responsibility and if requested we can backup and delete every irrelevant thing for a small fee.
- Compliance with E-commerce, Accessibility or Other Regulations: We design websites in accordance with the client’s specifications. It is the client’s responsibility to ensure that the website and its content comply with standing regulations. We cannot accept responsibility for any failure to comply with regulations related to accessibility, selling online or those related to a specific business or trade. We can research this on the client’s behalf upon request, but in any business where complex compliance issues exist we recommend that the client takes legal advice from their company lawyer.
- Site Licensing: – All work is licensed to clients on full final payment as agreed in contract. Should you wish to remove source code from our hosting environment we will upon a fee of £50 remove the source code and all graphics, branding, images and databases. For projects where this has been no agreement on licensing the source code remains with Softwarestudio. If any setup is required client will have to pay an extra fee for each setup.
Should Softwarestudio.co.uk waive any of these terms on an individual basis, this shall not affect the validity of remaining clauses or commit Softwarestudio.co.uk to waive the same clause on any other occasion.
By agreeing to these terms and conditions your statutory rights are not affected.
Softwarestudio.co.uk reserves the right to change or modify any of these terms or conditions at any time. Should clarification of any of the above be required please contact us from one of our websites http://Softwarestudio.co.uk.